Church of St. Maria Magdalena, Božanov

The original church in Božanov has been mentioned in the oldest materials already in the 14th century and it has been consecrated to St. Bartholomew. The construction of the new one, consecrated to Maria Magdalena, started in 1709, probably proposed by Christoph Dientzenhofer. How far and how intensive were the works we are unable to say, because no work bills have been found at that time. It is thought that the construction of eastern tower and presbytery was started, while the old church was in use until 1735.

Map >>
Photos >>

Interesting places in the surroundings





Partner:
Partner / Město Broumov